Sunday, February 23, 2014

Shot To The Heart...

Pervasive Parenting
By Kodey Toney
Shot to the Heart…
One of the questions I get most as I’m out advocating is, “What do you think causes autism?” I usually have a “canned” answer. You know, one that tries to appease while not offending anyone. It is so controversial that I usually shy away and say, “I’m not really sure, there could be so many things, but I do know that my son has been diagnosed so I’m focused on helping him.”
However, the debate rages on, and one of the most blamed culprits seem to be vaccinations. Throughout the years the mercury-laden Thimerosal has taken the brunt of the accusations for autism. Though there have been questionable tests throughout the years from all sides of the coin, a recent website has brought some interesting facts to light for the public to see. My wife found the site somehow and sent it to me. Unlike most sites about Thimerosal, www.ashotoftruth.org/history actually has some data and proof to back up many of the accusations. If nothing else it is worth looking into.
I didn’t just read the article and then regurgitate the information. I did some further investigation to make sure that their facts were legitimate. While some was questionable I will say that most of it was dead on.
I’m going to share a little bit of the information with you and let you draw your own conclusions. I will say that this is pretty one sided, and I will only put in the points that I felt were interesting. Look at this as a book report of sorts.
In the 1920s Eli Lilly Corporation began working on the mercury compound Thimerosal. By 1929 they had a patent and began using it as a preservative for medicine. Among these medicines were vaccinations. This was all implemented despite the fact that the company had very little testing on humans, and that testing was not actually successful.
When the compound was first put into use in 1931 the problems with autism shortly followed. The first 11 children diagnosed with autism were born between 1931 and 1938.
As the number of vaccines required by the federal government increased so did the number of cases of autism. Also, the number of studies involving Thimerosal increased, and none mentioned in the article seem to be positive. There are also videos of legislators asking if there is any actual evidence as to whether these chemicals can help preserve the vaccines and no one could answer with a yes.
In the 1970s more vaccinations begin using Thimerosal, and by the early 1980s an 18-month old child would have 125 micrograms of mercury in their system. This is bad enough for an adult, but when you’re pumping that much of a toxic element into a tiny body you’re going to see some issues.
As you could predict, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) begins to see the number of children diagnosed with autism increase in the early 80s.
As the number of studies begin to show that the mercury is not safe the number of safety precautions for the pharmaceuticals begin to surface. I’m not going to get into the political side of this, but there were some fishy things happening within congress. In 1986 the government passed the National Childhood Vaccine Act which states that the pharmaceutical companies cannot be sued for injuries occurred by vaccines, and the federal government will have to pay out of tax money for lawsuits.
The vaccines are increasing by the 1990s and so are the diagnoses. In January of 1991 there are more than 200 micrograms of mercury injected into the small bodies of children by the age of 18-months. The number of children diagnosed with autism increased from 1 in 1000 in 1980 to 1 in 150. This trend continues today and we now have 1 in 50 diagnosed.
There is way more evidence than I could possibly fit into this week’s column, but I think the point has been made. I highly recommend that you read this information. There are way too many coincidences for this to be just happenstance. Especially when most children begin to show signs shortly after that 18-month mark when they receive the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) shots.
I’m in no way saying that we shouldn’t vaccinate our children. I think it is a great thing, but we need to take a look at what’s in our shots before we inject them into our children.
This is just a little something to consider.
Disclaimer: I am in no way claiming to be an expert. I’m just a father who is trying to learn as much about Autism as I can to help my child. I hope that you all can learn from me, and I from you. I ask anyone who has questions or comments about something I have written, or autism, please contact me at pervasiveparenting@hotmail.com. I will try to answer questions as I have time, and if I find it interesting enough I may touch on it in my column. You can also find all columns archived at blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment