Sunday, August 7, 2016

Give It All You've Got

Pervasive Parenting 
By Kodey Toney

Give It All You've Got

I can't say thank you enough for everyone that helped to make the Art For Autism event a huge success, so I won't. Not that I'm not appreciative of everyone. That goes without saying. It was great, and it was because of so many people; artists, buyers, board members, etc. I just don't want to leave anyone out, so I'll just say thanks to everyone for helping us raise more than $1800, and leave it at that. 
You see, I want to point out that even though there are always fund raisers, and there is always someone looking for more money, I can tell you from a director's standpoint that the feeling we get as a non-profit when people spend their hard-earned money for a cause you feel so passionate about is overwhelming. 
There are so many things out there to give money to, and many are great causes, so when you decide to provide more help for families in the area that are living with disabilities it really means a lot to me. That is why I don't take it lightly. The board of directors and I work hard to make sure that the money stretches as much as possible, and that it actually goes to help people. 
If you are wondering what we use the money for I encourage you to visit our website (www.pervasiveparentingcenter.org) or our Facebook page and watch the "Year In Review" video. 
You see I don't really want to say thank you because thank you is not enough. 
I encourage you to donate. If not to the Pervasive Parenting Center then to something that you believe in. Find a good local cause and give. It is truly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment