Thursday, March 2, 2017

Guess Who's Back

Pervasive Parenting
By Kodey Toney
Guess Who's Back
After a long hiatus, for reasons I'll explain in a minute, I'm finally at a point where I feel I can begin writing again.
Some might not have noticed that I had not been writing for a while, and that's alright.
However, I have been overwhelmed and humbled by the number of people that have asked me why I haven't been writing.
The short answer is that I've been very busy. For those of you who know me you will know that in October, about the time I stopped writing, I received a grant from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Program, to turn the Pervasive Parenting Center into a Community Parent Resource Center.
What this means is that for the past four months we have moved the center from my house and car into a real office located at Carl Albert State College in Poteau. The grant has allowed me to concentrate all my time to advocating for families in eastern Oklahoma, especially LeFlore, Sequoyah, Haskell, and Latimer counties.
We at the center, which includes myself, my new part-time employee Terry Yarbery, the awesome board members, my wife Jennifer, and the boys, have been working to provide more parent support group meetings, Sibshops, resources, advice, trainings, conferences, and any support we can.
What I have realized in the past few months is that I have so much more to share. I have been doing research to help with some of the programs we are working on, and really want to share some of the ideas and knowledge that I have absorbed.
I also have some new stories about Konner, and Kruz, that I want to share.
With that said, I hope to do a better job of keeping up.
If anyone is interested you can check out and like our page on Facebook, see our webpage at www.pervasiveparentingcenter.org, contact us at 918-647-1255, or ktoney@pervasiveparentingcenter.org.
See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment